This is it, this is what got this whole shebang started. I decided to do the Walnut Valley Metric two short months ago when I first got back on my bike. I thought it would give me the motivation to keep getting on the bike (although now I see I didn’t really need the extra motivation but can’t wait to ride this ride).
I’m a little concerned about a few things:
1. I’ve been having this crazy foot pain the last week or so.
2. The weather report is now forecasting 85 degrees and 15mph winds. (and we all know how much I love the wind ~ NOT)
3. Getting up, getting Hanna taken care of and getting there on time.
4. How to get my packet and all the logistical stuff of a ride ~ just first time jitters.
Those are the things giving me a little nervous jittery feeling in my stomach today, but all in all I think it’s mostly jittery excitement that the day has finally come!
Here’s what I’m doing to be prepared for tomorrow:
1. Finally got tubes. Will be taking 2 with me (just in case).
2. Drinking lots of water today to get hydrated ~ I’ve been a little lax on the water lately and think it may be contributing to some of my muscle issues as well.
3. Packing all Hanna’s stuff today. She’s going to the ride with my mom, but will need stuff to stay busy.
4. Getting food and stuff together. I’ll be taking a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, as well as a banana. (It’s only 35 miles, not sure why I’m freaking out ~ I’ve already ridden 30 so I know I can do it ~ and without all this fuss lol.)
5. Get the water backpack ready for tomorrow. I’ve debated on taking just a water bottle, but I seem to stay better hydrated with the backpack because I don’t worry about falling off my bike mucking around with the water bottle.
6. Cooking a yummy dinner tonight. I think we’ll have Shrimp Marinara with Whole Wheat Pasta and Salad.
7. I made banana nut pancakes this morning and there’s plenty for tomorrow before the ride ~ just stick them in the toaster.
8. Get some money so I can pay my entry fee ~ gotta remember that, I don’t think they’ll take debit cards lol.
9. Lay out clothes for tomorrow so I don’t have to think at such an early hour of the morning.
10. Go to bed early and sleep well!!
So that’s my big plan for the day. If you see something I’ve forgotten or totally don’t even know about please feel free to add it in the comments ~ I can use all the help I can get.
I will be giving my mom the video camera and a camera so hopefully tomorrow night I will have video/pictures to share!
Wish me luck!